I have no idea how long it has passed since I did the last tag and I had to jump in at the chance when I was tagged by Clo from Book Dragons as Sunshine blogger and answer questions. I mean who would not like to talk about themselves and books and blogging right?
So here are the rules.
1) Tag the person who tagged you and link their blog – check
2) Answer the questions asked – Check
3) List the rules and tag 11 (?!) other people to do the tag.
4) Ask away 11 questions for them to answer
1. Pick three books, now pick three characters from each book. If they were to have a song that was written for them, which song would it be?
I have never thought about books and music together though it seems so great right now. I do not hear music while read or blog, or rather I might ‘hear’ but I kinda block out the noise around me.
Sorry I am being a spoilsport but if I ever relate a character to songs I will be back to update it.
2. Do you like predictable contemporary books? Why/Why not?
As someone who spends reading a lot of mystery and thriller books and guessing whodunnit, it might sound weird when I say I love reading happily-ever-after-s, aka, predictable contemporary once in a while. There are days when all you want is to read something that will make you cheerful and feel good.
I don’t review most of them because I know I will tear them apart and be too critical of them after a day or two, which might leave a bad aftertaste. So I just read them and then just forget about them, unless they are too good.
3. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?
I think I am an extrovert with some traits of an introvert, but that could be because I love books too much. I love being with friends and meeting new people in real life and virtually. I work well as a team and I often enjoy being the center of the party.
But after all the partying is done I would prefer going back to my books and having some me time. This may not be the same day or night. I can go without that lone time for days or weeks together but definitely, I will get back to curling under the blanket for a while. Like everything else in my life, my love for being among people works in spurts.
4. Five things you want to do/accomplish before you die and get to read forever in the afterlife.
You definitely described the perfect heaven for me – reading indefinitely, not stopping even for food or a drink.
Unfortunately I do not have a bucketlist sort of thing. I usually go with the flow. I don’t even have a written plan for the blog for the year. So oops, I feel like I am already failing so bad in this tag.
5. If you could have a conversation with any author and they’d listen to you and take your advice etc on board, who would it be and what would you tell them?
I haven’t met any of authors (I blame it on the place I live) let alone, talk with them. So this could be a great thing to even imagine.
Coming to the question, if I could meet anyone I would wanna meet all the indie authors whose books I have read, reviewed, loved or hated, because I respect them so much for their hard work and perseverance.
If I can give them any advice I would highlight to them the importance of using professionals like an editor, betareader or designer to help them, especially if the language they write is not their native tongue.
6. Candles, yay or nay?
Meh. I do like them, scented or not.
7. Biggest pet peeve within reading?
I hate how people try to judge others based on what they read and what they don’t. If someone likes Twilight or fifty shades it is their choice. Likewise I don’t understand how there can be only one type of ‘ book nerd.’
Okay I may have missed out your point. If you are asking what hate about in books then you should check this long long post.
8. Averaging it out how many books to you own?
Now that I have moved places therice in the past three years and have given away (or lost) many books during this period I have learnt my lessons and I have begun hoarding only e-books. But my parent’s place should have about 250-300 of my books right now.
9. What do you wish you knew about book blogging at the start?
I wish I had understood how important it was to make a community. I was thinking I was blogging for myself and that I needn’t make friends with internet strangers and later that it would be tough to make such friends.
But now I have come to understand how lovely and welcoming are our book bloggers. So if you are a newbie do not be shy, just start commenting on few blogs. If you are still apprehensive about it, you should take a glance at bloggers’ comment junction here and you will make friends in no time.
10. Have you got any goals for your blog this year?
I just want to be more planned and try and stick to the schedule. And more importantly, I do not want to hit the blogging / reading slump.
11. Do you read everyday?
I do not plan to read everyday but somehow I end up reading for at least 30 minutes during commute or waiting in a queue. Also I read a bit before I fall asleep almost daily but I do not count that as it is just a habit.
My Questions for the Sunshine Bloggers
- If you get to do over your blogging journey, what is the first thing you will change in your blog?
- Tell us one of your earliest memories related to books or reading in general.
- What or who inspired you to start blogging? And what do you wanna achieve in terms of blogging?
- Teach us one secret life / blog hack that you found in the last year.
- What is your favorite among the social media websites and why?
- If you can meet only one more blogger in real life, who would be that? And why?
- What is that one productivity tool (app/ website) you can do without for your blog?
- What is the most recent book that made you stay up all night reading it?
- What is the one thing you are trying to master w.r.t blogging and would love some help with?
- If you can change the ending of one popular book, what book will you choose and what will you change it to?
- Share with us three random facts about you and your awesome life.
I tag the following as my Sunshine bloggers who bring in loads of cheerfulness and fun into my life and request them to answer my questions:
- Katie from Book Ink Reviews
- Jessica from The Pen and the Needle
- Carrie from Cat on the Bookshelf
- Christine from The book Maiden
- Jordana from Jordana Landsman
- Megan & Crystal from Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest
- Cassandra from Cassandra’s Writing World
- Lori from Red headed book lady
- Sofie from Romantics, Rebels and Reviews
- Tracey from TFaulc Book reviews
- Charlotte from Wonderfully Bookish
Let us talk
If you are not tagged but do wanna answer my questions, please consider yourself tagged. So what are you waiting for, answer my questions and I will visit you all once you get your post up.