Let me be a little cliche and say “I have no idea how we are already one month into 2020. Where did January 2020 go?” Well, here is an update on how that happened.
Quick January 2020 updates
- We had guests over for more than a week, and that should explain my absence during the past week. Well, having guests gave us an opportunity to see the tourist-y places in Dubai once again.
- Also, winter being the peak tourist season in general, Dubai usually has lots of sale and discounts during those months, and a lot of fireworks and celebrations as well. Being the fireworks enthusiast that I am, I watched them so many times from different places in Dubai. AND I loved them.
- Last but not the least, I got featured in a leading National daily here and I naturally spoke about books and authors. In case you missed that piece of news, here is it. Let me know what you think!
What I read this month:
January 2020 was an average reading month for me. I read four books despite the number of distractions I had during the month.
- One Day in December by Josie Silver
- Tattooist of Auschwitz, The by Heather Morris
- Travelling Cat Chronicles, The by Hiro Arikawa, Philip Gabriel (Translator)
- How to Build a Heart by Maria Padian
What I watched this month:
Thanks to the other distractions I spent way less time watching TV and movies than I would have otherwise.
I watched the Toy Story 4 last month and that is it. I loved it!But watch out for this space, because I will be back soon.
On my blog
I made a comeback this month in terms of blogging after a long time. So here are the posts from last month, in case you missed it.
- Book Reviews: Why Don’t They Get Much Engagement?
- Book Review Posts: How To Improve Engagement?
- 2020 and the reading challenges that I signed up
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
From the Insta-world
Also here is a quick recap of the posts on my Instagram from the past few days
Let us chat
How has your month been? How many books did you read and what are you currently reading? Let us talk.