I have been talking about my favorite and not-so favorite books and book related things here for a while a long time now. But how much I have divulged about me, the face behind the blog? Yes, I can hear it – I have spoken about myself quite a lot.
And here is more. I am doing the Behind the blog tag and here is a chance to know more about me. Let us do this.
Thank the person who nominated you.No one did, obviously I don’t have friends.I found it on Ellyn’s blog.
- Answer all the questions down below.
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
My blog’s name in books
1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I started writing about books in this blog about 9 years ago for a selfish reason. I just wanted to catalogue the books that I enjoyed and the ones I did not. The catelogue ended up being my bookish diary where I ranted about books I hate and dreamed about the characters that I loved.
Then I never thought there might be people reading my blog or for that matter I would still be writing here about books after so many years. Having a blog ensured that I didn’t bother my friends and family in real life who rarely read or understood what and why I was obsessed about. But my internet
readers friends did.
I think that is what kept me going, despite the number of blocks and gaps in my blogging calendar I had through these years.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Initially, when the blog was private, I spoke of everything that was on my mind (and was called “Musings Over Nothing”), which was anyway more often than not about books. But I loved writing those
commentary rants about the society and just people as such.
When I moved on to Elgee Writes, I decided to focus on reviews and bookish posts only. And so my
rants discussions have been mostly about books which I love, especially since they are hard to come by. My second favorite would be the weekly update posts that I publish on Sundays and they are aplenty. They are a bit personal and a bit.
Short answer: Discussion posts and Sunday updates.
3. What are your top three favorite blog posts?
I am gonna be a cliche and say everything and that would be a lie. Not all posts are created equally. So here are the top three posts that I loved writing and it seems my readers love it too.
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
When I am overwhelmed or just distracted, making lists always relaxes me. Just putting down everything on a paper or an app helps calm down and carry on.
Also binging on Netlix, definitely.
5. What are three of your favorite things?
Spreadsheets | Beaches | Netflix, I guess
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
I was the proudest when I received my first payment I received for the beta reading services. Until then I had always thought I was blogging for fun and never thought that people would be interested to pay for my opinions about their MS.
Well, that was years ago and I have come a long way from there, but I still pumped up every time someone asks me to write for their site or to read their manuscript. I think I will never get over it.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I have the attention of a six year old. I get excited about a lot of things for a short amount of time.
- I knit, crochet and draw.I love DIY-ing decors around the house.
- I obsess over photography especially bookish ones.
But I don’t think I have focused on anything as much as I do with blogging and books. I genuinely surprised at that myself.
8. Describe your personality in three words.
Empathetic | funny | impatient
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
- I find it annoying when people act without a consideration about other humans. Case in point: recent bulk/panic stockpiling and emptying the entire supermarket shelves in a minute.
- I hate being in the dark about plans. If you are making a plan, tell me when, where and how or at least tell me when I can know the details. I hate it when people leave others hanging.
- Not having plans to go out and my curls behave well, for no reason.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I am terrified of cats. I am all for pets and I know they are adorable to you, but do not ask me to enter a room with a cat in. I probably will get a panic attack.
I am gonna tag
- Sahi @ My World of Books
- Charvi @ Not Just Fiction
- Dany @ Ambivert Words
- Nandini @ Unputdownable Books
- Charlotte from Wonderfully Bookish
- Carrie from Cat on the Bookshelf
- Kristina @ Books And Dachshunds
Have you done this tag? If so do link it to the comments and I will love to read it. If not, please consider yourself tag cuz I wanna know ya!
Of course I am not being creepy.