Life resumed in the UAE after a lock down of more than a month due to the Corona virus pandemic, finally this week.
The world seems to be moving towards a recovery from the pandemic. And the countries are slowly relaxing the restrictions. I already spoke about how we were doing it in Dubai, a while ago.Life resumed in the UAE after a lock down of more than a month due to the Corona virus pandemic, finally this week. We are still required to practice social distancing and wear masks when we venture outside. How is your week shaping up? Click To Tweet
We are still required to practice social distancing and wear masks when we venture outside. While Dubai’s own contact tracing app for CoViD has been here for a while, it has now become mandatory for every resident to download it on our phones when we are going out.
Business as usual resumed in the UAE
- But on the whole, many restrictions have been relaxed.
- We can go out for non essentials as well now.
- Yay!Airport and flights have been operating.
- All shops including luxury shopping are up for business (Gucci anyone?)
- Cinemas, beaches (in some places), fitness centers and gyms are all opened.
- And people can go back to working from offices. (bummer?)
So basically, the UAE and Dubai are back to business as usual.
And while the things are more relaxed now from the public point of view but the Government has not stopped their work. We have nation wide sterilization programs from 6 PM every day.
But I am holding off the hitting the gym and venturing out in general, for a bit longer. I mean everyone is talking about the spike in numbers expected in the first few days once the restrictions are relaxed right? And also because my lazy ass is used to staying in now.
In conclusion, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay put in and safe at home as long as you can and you are ordered to, especially those that are in the USA and India where things are still gloomy.
What I read this week
I am currently reading Little Flies everywhere and I am loving it. I have been promising I would read it, before watching the series. So I have to finish this one ASAP.
On other news, my stilt at reading non fiction books is going great. Despite DNF-ing two non fiction books this week, I finished reading Warren Buffett’s Management Secrets last night.
What I watched this week
I watched Misdemeanor last week and I didn’t love it.
I am also watching Never have I ever and Space force. What are you all watching?
On my blog
In case you missed out any of my posts through the week, here is a quick recap.
Friday – Book Summary Of Atomic Habits
Monday – A book review of The Tattooist of Auschwitz
Sunday – Ramadan Kareem: Sunday Musings #76
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Oh, I have been blog hopping kinda regularly now and here are few posts that I particularly loved and wanted to share with you all.
- The Orangutan librarian talks about how reviews can not be unbiased on her post.
- How often do you quit book series? Dani tells the reasons why she keeps quitting often.
- Krisha from Bookathon Blog recommends 21 short story/novellas for when you are not interested to read longer ones.
- Do you critically analyse every book you read? Charvi talks about why that doesn’t work for her.
From the Insta-world
Here are some of the photos I posted on Instagram during the week. Are you follow me on Instagram?
Let us chat
How is your week going on? How are your country’s/ city’s restrictions due to Corona Virus shaping up? Let us talk.