You have finished your manuscript, now what?
You probably have read your work more than ten times now. You have spent enough time editing your lines. You know the characters like the back of your hand. But have you spent enough time that you are probably overlooking something? Most writers do. And that is where a beta-reader comes through.
Why do you need professional beta readers?
Of course, you can find beta readers who would give you a feedback in return for one. But don’t be alarmed if you got a list of (if you are lucky) things they liked or didn’t. It would be frustrating when you provide them a detailed review of their work and they don’t reciprocate. Do you want to take such a chance when you can get an objective feedback that your manuscript deserves from a professional beta-reader?
A professional beta reader would provide an extensive feedback with critical pointers to improve, that you may have yourself overlooked.
Why hire me as your beta-reader?
Books have always been my first love. I have been reading books for about more than two decades and I have been reviewing books for about 8 years now. I read books from diverse genres and written for different age groups. Take a look at some of my reviews here.
I am an open-minded person, who provides honest opinions and suggestions, when asked nicely. I stick to timeline and would provide a actionable and concrete feedback as committed.
What can I provide?
When I accept to read your manuscript for beta reading, I will provide with the following, as a reader
- Overall opinion on the credibility of your plot, and characters/story arcs
- Evaluate the readability of your script in terms of pace, dialogue, language and writing style
- Strengths and Weaknesses of the entire manuscript
- Questions, I might have about the plot or the characters
- Discussions related to my suggestions
- Recommendations in terms of the editing required
- I will be happy to fill a Q & A form, if you have any, after the evaluation.
Forms of manuscripts currently accepted:
- Novelettes and
- Short Stories
I do not currently accept non-fiction manuscript for beta reading.
If you would like to hear a quote, send me a quick message with the form below or shoot me a mail here.