I woke up all happy and cheerful today being a Sunday and all. But (yes there is a but) this news about one of the Indian actor’s death brought it down a notch. First off, I wasn’t planning to be that affected by anyone’s death, let alone some actor’s. Out of nowhere the sadness crept in and I am right now not so cheerful anymore. So if you have not heard about it yet – Indian actor Sridevi passed away on Saturday late night.
For those you all who do not know who this lady is I will be adding some of her photographs. She started acting as a child actor and she continued acting on and off throughout her life. She has won numerous awards and has acted with so many actors and in so many languages.
But why would an actor’s death affect me so much?
Brought up in a family which had all kinds of rules about movies and watching films in theaters was an annual treat, we got to watch the one that ran on the national televisions only. This naturally meant we ended up watching older movies and we sorta grew up with those actors who made us believe in dreams, hard work drama and of course romance in typical Bollywood (or for that matter any movie in Indian languages) style.
Now to hear that some part of that past would be a mere history, makes me realize how short life really is. I am gonna spend my looking at her old pictures and if possible will catch up with one of her movies. And don’t worry I will be blog hopping, so that might rise my spirits.
Let me not dampen yours (if I have not already) and get on with my fabulous finds of the week:
1) I love statistics and finding correlation between things that may seem totally irrelevant. But this data analysis shows that people who leave one star rating on their reviews do not care much for grammar or spelling.
2) Jezebel rarely writes pieces that are worthy sharing with my bookish community. But this week I stumbled upon this gem; where novelists share their wisdom on writing hot messy scenes with consent.
3) Since we are on the topic already, I should share this video of the talk Jusitn Baldoni (yes from the Jane the virgin) made on the TED on the topic ‘man enough’. This man talks as much sense as he is hot!
4) I read this post from the Last red head on the great list of books that you should read in your twenties. Are you favorite books on the list?
5) I was on the hunt for more bookish trackers for the BuJO community until I found this treasure from Eva’s Brilliantly Bookish. You will have to see it to realize how awesome some people are.
7) While we are reading so many books on how to be grounded with our feelings and emotions, this piece by Mark Manson on F**K your feelings resonated with me. What do you think: feelings or not?
8) When was the last time you picked up a newspaper – the physical one? I haven’t picked up one in the past 6 months for sure. But does that mean you would be okay if the daily comic strips are done away? I won’t be, especially when I have just lost one of my childhood icon.
In case you missed any of our last week’s posts, here is a recap.
On Monday I reviewed Agatha Christie’s Death comes as the end.
On Thursday again there was a review on Waking Isabella by Melissa Muldoon.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Have you been affected by the death of any celebrities or not so close friends/relatives? Does Sridevi confirm to the beauty standards of you country? Who are your favorites regional actors? Extra points if you share a picture or link to the picture. Let me know in the comments.