I am so excited that I can’t even type this post. Yes I am going on a vacation to Georgia (the country) in a day. Living in a country where the temperature shoots up to 48 degree Celsius in summer, I will be seeing the snow for the first time in my life. Yay me. So expect me missing a post or two this week (not really I will try my best to schedule them).
Around the blogosphere
So ready for the gossip from round the blogosphere?
1) I am a Spreadsheet enthusiast, but even for me All about book‘s attempt to track everything and everything about the books read and challenges taken part is crazy. Just take a look her spreadsheet. Damn, this is so good and it is like a spreadsheet-heaven.
2) Much like the movies, there are books that objectify women and portray them as just symbols of sex and beauty. I found this gem on Write Women Right at Shruti’s blog – a perfect combination of satire and frustration.
3) Why does our TBR shelf hate us? That is because we keep adding books to it and never go back to them. Well, I can’t help you reduce the number of books but this list from Amazon on the 100 books you have to read in your lifetime will definitely add some more.
4) Yeah yeah we all hate stealing, lying and other vices but why do the laws change when it comes to piracy of books? Marta from The Cursed Books puts forth an argument in this post, playing the devil’s advocate. Check it out.
5) I know you all love quotes and here are a few I stumbled upon this week and they are about feminism. There can never be too many of them right?
6) I am sure most of you would have heard about this – The news about another Harry Potter mobile games is here. Are you excited for it? Let me know.
8) Do you publish everything you write? Pl say me that there are a about 25+ unpublished drafts in your blog. The Orangutan Librarian posted the hilarious details about what is lying in her drafts. I promise it is a roller coaster ride there.
9) I found this list of imaginary online dating profiles of awesome book characters and it cannot be more accurate.
10) The sad news of the week is the Broke and the bookish posted a sort of goodbye message on their blog and it was heartbreaking to read that. These amazing ladies will still be online and their top ten tuesday meme will be hosted by that artsy reader girl.
On my blog
Missed any post from my feed?
- Catch up with the review of Crooked House, an Agatha Christie novel
- We also had a blogger discussion post on Why I Follow your blog?
- And a quiz (yes, I came up with that). So can you guess the book based on its character?
- If you are curious as how far I have progressed on my A-Z reading challenge, check this out.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us talk
What happened with you this week? Did you reach your goals? Did you enjoy these links? Let me know.