I know I have been MIA for the past two weeks but lets not dwell on that because I am back. And I come bearing good news. And let us call it my January Wrap up!
I am gonna have to start off with the cliched how is it already February and one month into the new year, but seriously how!? But I think my January seemed good enough, I guess.
1. I read FIVE books people, which is 5 more than what I would have read a few months ago.
2. As I was saying in my last Sunday Post, I travelled back to India where I got to meet some amazing people.
3. I attended a book event hosted by the Australian Consulate and Starmark where I met Markus Zusak, author of the Book Thief, and even got a signed copy of his book.
4. I met these amazing huge gang of bookstagrammers and book bloggers, with whom I had a blast even after the event.
5. On other news, I have been confirmed as a volunteer for the Emirates Literature Festival 2019, which I have been looking forward to since the last year’s event.
What I read
These are the books I read during January 2019
- Girl, wash your face by Rachel Hollis
- You Goal, Girl by Elise Williams, Meleah Bowles
- Mastering Adulthood by Lara E. Fielding
- Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman
- Murder on the Links, The by Agatha Christie
I am currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, which I will be finishing in an hour or two.
What I watched
This is where I try to be funny, and maybe show off-y.
I have not watched Television or Netflix in almost three months and I am relieved to say the stint is coming to an end. I will update you on that pretty soon.
What I received
Thanks to Medina Publishing Inc, Middle East for sending me these adorable set of children’s books for review. Aren’t they adorable?
And guess what? The stories are all native to Middle east and the illustrations are soo good.
And: I might be meeting the author at the Emirates LitFest. I am so excited about the whole deal.
On my blog
During my visit to India, real life interfered with my blogging schedule. My WordPress bungled and my scheduled posts were not posted. So after almost a two-week absence I have just two posts this week.
Indie Guest Post: From Author to Marketer – Four SIMPLE Ways to Promote Your Book by Susan Barton
Flyaway Friday: A trip to Philippines with a Filipina blogger by Jennilyn from Rurouni Jenni Reads
Around the blogosphere
While I understand my absence in the blogosphere was inevitable, I am still surly about that. Anyway I am back and I am trying to catch up on all your blogs.
Here are some awesome posts that I found and loved this week.
- Karla posted a bunch of new books that she wants us to read.
- Angel from Avid Reader posted a list of common blog design mistakes we need to watch out for.
- Jennifer of Jenchaosreviews discussed on the preferences between long and short books. Does the size of the book matter to you?
- Death by Tsudoku’s Jackie asked if we are all enticed by the bonus material anymore? My short answer is NO. What about you?
- Little Red Reviewer post on Evelinah’s space made us question ourselves if we book bloggers are being too organized. Again my answer: Organized? Me? Ha ha. I am not even gonna say anything further.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us chat
Did you guys miss me? Don’t you love it when your scheduled drafts don’t get posted for no reason? What else is happening with you all? Let us talk.