I kinda took a break, unplanned of course, last week as I didn’t feel inspired to blog. I know taking such an unplanned break is a strict no no for most of us bloggers, but I have made peace with it. I just couldn’t get myself to switch on my laptop at all.
But it is a good thing because I found the mojo back and I am talking to you only because I want to, not because my schedule says so. I used this week to laze around the house particularly doing nothing, not talking to friends or family and got some reading done. I can say it was quite the quality ME time I was craving for.
What I read this week
And yes, but now I am back to be the chatter box that I usually am.
After not reading for about the first two weeks in April, I had a great reading week finally. I read three books in a week and I liked them all. Isn’t that great?
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
What I watched this week
- Boys over Flowers!
- Meteor Garden!
Tell me all you Kdrama freaks how come none of you recommended me about this series. I am so completely obsessed that I can’t even talk about it. I LOVED THEM BOTH. I will speak about them more once I have calmed the heck down.
I finally watched Shazam last week and I loved it. But again I can’t wait for the Avengers Endgame this week.
Around the blogosphere
I know I have not visited many blogs recently but hey, I will make it up alright? I will be around dropping in with a comment very soon. But here are some of my picks from the last week for now.
- Do you have enough books on your TBR? You have to take a look at this list of April’s new releases by Karla on her blog.
- Ara from Open pages put together a list of these awesome Asian Bloggers that we all should follow, make sure you do!
- I love reading about type A personalities and Charvi’s list of the Type A characters she relates to is worth reading.
- Looking for some tips on Instagram themes? You need to take a look at this post on How to Stand Out on Instagram in a Sea of Sameness by From Bee with Love and you will love it as I did.
- I loved the post on 20 Great Book Websites For Finding What To Read Next on Broke by books and you should take a look too.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us chat
Do you take such unplanned breaks and then feel guilty about it? If you are good at planning holidays, oh please let us know how you do it. Let us talk.