Everyone is talking about the ultimate “hot girl summer” plans but here, I am dreading the summer. Well, that is sorta usual if you stay in a hot desert like I do.
Long story short, the summer is almost here and we are perfectly ready to “be roasted if you step out” during the day. But the nights are fairly pleasant, still.
And I am utilizing those few cooler nights to go on a walk (with masks on and socially distancing) these days.What has your month been like? Do you like weather wherever you live at? What are your hot girl summer plans? Let's talk. Click To Tweet
Quick May’21 updates
What was your May’21 like?
- We are all trying to enjoy the last few days before scorching hot summer. So we found the parking full and crowded where we go. And obviously I hate it.
- There is still a ban on flying into UAE, and many other countries, from India, due to COVID. So I have a couple of friends who are still stranded there and trying to come back to their family and work in here.
- I had a full on reader slump and I barely read two books. And I am so behind on my reading challenges.
What I read this month
I read just two books in May’21 and they were quite short ones. But in my defense I had a terrible case of slump and didnt feel like reading anything. Hopefully June would be better.
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- Strange planet by Nathan Pyle
What I watched this month
I watched quite a bit of TV in May, thanks to all these time I saved not reading anything. Sigh. But here we are.
- Line of duty S6
- Rewatched The boys S1 & 2
- Rewatched Superstore all seasons
Currently watching Mom S5 on Prime
On my blog
Book Reviews from May’21
- Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index– A book review
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – A book review
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy– A book review
- Boy Who Steals Houses, The by CG Drew – A book review
- Lies We Bury by Elle Marr – A book review
Sunday personal posts from the month
- Where do you see your blog going?: Sunday Musings #120
- When your beach dreams fail: Sunday Musings #119
- Summer is here?!: Sunday Musings #118
- 2nd Wave COVID in India: Sunday Musings #117
- March and April’21 updates: Sunday Musings # monthly wrap
Other posts from the month
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
From the Insta-world
Here is what I posted on Instagram during the month. Give me a follow, will you?
Let us chat
What has your May’21 been like? Do you like weather wherever you live at? What are your hot girl summer plans? Let’s talk.