Being a successful blogger may mean different things to different people. But we all have to agree that getting a comment or a share on our blog definitely makes us a happy blogger. Even after a year of blogging on Elgee Writes I still love waking up to new comments on my posts.
Stop shouting into the void!
Blog engagement is crucial to making us motivated to keep blogging. It is that kind of validation we all love from our peers. Otherwise I might be just shouting at the void, right?
Well, we all need a community.
Last year I joined the 365 days commenting hosted by Read Write Love 28 and failed at it miserably. Obviously it was too much for me and I dropped out fairly early of the game. Apparently I need some encouragement and a lot of support to get to doing what I am supposed to do anyway.
Bloggers comment junction
So I asked for help from my dear bloggers in forming a community to continue visiting and commenting in each other’s blog. I was not surprised at the turnout because who would not want to make a new blogger friend right? You can still sign up for the bloggers comment junction here.
Comment 4 Comment Challenge
In the spirit of new year, why don’t give it a new start?
Welcome to the new and upgraded Comment 4 comment blog challenge 2019.
Yes you heard it right!
What is the Comment 4 Comment Challenge (C4CC)?
Blogging is a social activity. Blog engagement requires both giving and receiving. If that sounds interesting to you, this challenge is for you.
The challenge is to ‘leave no comment un-replied and un-returned’.
The challenge is two pronged:
Replying to a comment you received on your blog
Visiting their blog to leave a comment
If you feel you are up for this challenge, SIGN UP right away.
What is the goal anyway?
If you have any of the following as goal for your blog this year
- Be more social
- Make more blogging friends
- Improve blogging engagement
- Increase the number of comments on your blog, organically
- Increase your blog followers
- Follow more blogs
Then this Comment 4 Comment Challenge (C4CC) for you!
How can you participate in this challenge?
- Sign up for the challenge here
- Grab my button and add on your blog
- Follow my blog and leave a comment on my blog
- Reply to every comment you receive on your blog
- Share the news on social media
- Bring in your buddy and as they say, the more the merrier.
Similar posts you might like
- How I follow your blog?
- How to update old posts for better SEO ranking and more traffic
- Commenting On Other Blogs – Commenting Etiquette
- A typical day of a book blogger – Blogging schedule
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging
Let us chat!
What are your blogging goals for the year? What is the main obstacle in reaching them? Have you found a solution yet? Let us talk.