Hello people, I am writing from the warm Dubai and the weather is still being weird here. We took off to Marjan Islands, in Ras Al Khaimah which is another Emirate (State?) in the UAE to enjoy the short Spring.
For those of you all interested, Marjan Islands is a man made archipelago in the Persian Gulf and is about less than 2 hours drive from where I live. It was just a two nights stay and was fun being in the beach for a change.
But didn’t I say the weather was weird? The sun kept playing hide and seek all through the day and then the rain poured down as we drove back home.
And then IT RAINED FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS! In DUBAI. Yes that literally has never happened in the whole time I have been here.
Anyway here are some pictures from the trip for you all.
What I read this week
I read The Woman in the Window by Finn A.J for our all female bookclub called the bookworms of UAE.
And I am currently reading the Curious incident of the dog in the night for the Classics N’ Christie club, which I hope to complete tonight, before the end of March.
I guess these buddy reads and club reads keep me on my toes and I don’t waste time deciding what to read next.
On my blog
Here is a quick recap of the last week on my blog
Sunday Musings #41: One About Bookish Apps And K-Drama
Monday review on Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Indie Guest Post: Creating An Author Brand – YOU! (The Economical Way!) by Eden Gruger
Don’t you hate it when you schedule a post and it just won’t get published on time? Well that happened quite a number of times this week for me. My Friday post never got published and I hate that it is still on my draft and is waiting impatiently for its time.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Here are some literary links I found during the week:
- What kind of comments do you leave on book reviews? Lashaan from Bookidote lists out them in his post.
- In case you forgot why we bookworms are awesome, take a look at S E White’s post on Books Rock My World.
- I loved this post on supporting underrated books of not so famous authors on bookstagram from Austine from Novel Knight.
- How do you decide on your blog post and do you let the blog stats decide on that? Answer the discussion at Kal’ Reader Voracious.
- How much do the books you read as a child play a part in you being a cynic, optimist or just cautious? Story Sponge takes us through her ordeal.
- Do you think the content in YA literature is too graphic and violent of late? Cristina from Girl In The Pages discusses on the topic.
- I stumbled upon Rashika’s post about content warnings on Xpressoreads and couldn’t agree more.
Let us chat
How has your week been? And how has the weather been treating you? What are your current reads? Let us talk.