Last week I found this awesome site called The Pigeonhole that helps members of book clubs read together by emailing parts of books periodically. And there are quite a number of books I have not read in their collection. Don’t you love discovering new bookish apps and sites? Is there any obscure bookish sites that you recommend?
Why am I talking about it? I wouldn’t have read The Turn of the Screw by Henry James if not for this site. Actually, I was planning to read it with a friend like a proper book club who then bailed, making it a party of one. I am not sure if I enjoyed the book but I loved waking to up to a new chapter to be read and I had the push to finish the novella in a week.
Trust me, I would not have complete or even read it if it is not for the app. Now all they have to do is add more books and I would become their die-hard fan!
On other news, I love the weather currently and don’t be surprised if I come back with a lot of beach pictures next week!
What I watched:
We watched US on the cinemas on Friday and I am stoked. I am still thinking about the plots and theories from the movie. And I should confess that I almost left scared. For sure, one of the best horror movies watched so far in 2019.
I finally understood what the obsession about Korean drama is all about, when I started watching Marriage Contract on Netflix on Monday and the next thing I knew it was Wednesday. I have no idea one can binge so hard on a series, and I watch a lot of series.
Now that I am a convert, send in your K-drama recommendations for me to watch!
On my blog
Here is a quick recap of what happened on my blog this week.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Here are my weekly picks of posts that I liked around the blogosphere.
- Are you bored writing plain book reviews? Angel will help you to level up your reviews on her post on Avid Reader.
- Marija on Inside my library mind discusses what makes her fall in love with a book. What are your reasons?
- I loved this post on Pages Unbound where Krysta asked if characters have to be relatable for you to like them.
- I love this discussion topic from Sam on WLABB on what makes a book stressful.Is book blogging bogging you down?
- Fadwa is here with fixes to your pressure and problems on her Word Wonders.
Am I following your blog yet? If not let me know I will correct it right away!
Let us chat
I need all your suggestions this week. Share your favorite bookish apps and/or the K drama you obsess about. I need them all! Let us talk.