I have been playing a lot of catching up this week around the house after a hectic last week and being obsessed about all the superhero movies on TV.
The winter is fleeting around this part of the world, Dubai precisely, which means the weather is being weird.
I thought we are ready for spring but then came the rain for a day, then the cold is back and it has been so foggy for the past two days. We even had the hail in some parts.
And last morning we saw the sun again. I have no idea how it is going to be today. Unlike many people, I love the gloomy and dark weather for some reason.
Here are a few pictures from different parts of Dubai, that my friends shared with me during this week.
I am sure they would be okay with me sharing them here, don’t worry.
What I read this week:
I had the ultimate book worm problem this week – I couldn’t choose what to read next and I spent about two-three days struggling. But then the ClassicNChristie run by Fanna and Sim helped me choose, still I feel guilty for wasting those hours. Maybe I should come up with a better system to handle my TBR?
And I stayed late last night to finish Agatha Christie’s The Secret Chimneys. I am still reading the Persuasion by Jane Austen, from last week.
What I watched this week
My last week was filled with a lot of superhero entertainment.
To start with, I finally watched the Captain Marvel and I am kinda feeling meh about it. Maybe it was the high expectations I had or was it just ‘the same wine in a different bottle’ situation?
Did anyone else feel that? Anyway the next on my superhero watch-list is Avengers: Endgame and I am excited already.
During the week I also watched The Punisher Season 2 and The Umbrella Academy. Unsurprisingly I loved them both. Didn’t I say I love Superhero stuff?
I know that is a lot of Netflix to watch in a week right?
Well, I did it anyway.
On my blog
After a long while I posted according to my blog schedule and if you had missed any of the post here is a quick recap for you.
On Monday I posted a review of Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Rob Keeley took part in our Indie Guest Post with How To Judge A Book By Its Cover -Tips On Cover Design
On this week’s Flyaway Friday I shared a few books That Will Take You To Netherlands
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.I know I watched an unhealthy amount of Netflix last week and you know what? I am not feeling guilty. Here is to #Punisher and #UmbrellaAcademy #superheroes #Weeklywrapup #Sundaypost Click To Tweet
Around the blogosphere
I am back to finally blog hopping this week and here are my weekly picks of posts that I liked.
- What sort of content do you want to read from book blogger? Sophie from Beware of the Reader opened up the discussion with a post.
- Luana from Bookstormgirl posted this hilarious, nerdy list of things that she learned from books.
- Aleen shares her tips on avoiding genre burnout on her post at Lampshadereader.
- Esmoogle talks about amazing sites that let us read free books online on her post. I am signing up as well.
- Don’t you hate it when you forget important dates? Then you will love this post with a huge list of literary celebrations for the year by Vidya from Lady in Read Writes .
- I love this list that the Pringle Sisters posted on strong female leads in non fiction to inspire us.
- If you love reading great plot twists check out Xandra’s posts on writing great plot twists on Starry Sky Books. in me!
Let us chat
Have you watched the Captain Marvel and how did you like them? Do you love the super hero franchises? What are you currently reading? Let us talk.