One of the drawbacks of being a blogger who is not living in the USA/UK is that we do not get to do many of the book related things like meeting an author, attending a reading or even getting a signed copy. And that is why I have been on the cloud nine since week.
Ready for it?
I will be attending a literature festival next month right where I live (Dubai). And not only that, I will be an “insider”!! Okay I am exaggerating, but I will be an official volunteer for Emirates Literature Festival that will be happening from 1 to 10th March 2018 at Dubai. About 175 authors will be participating in the event and I am so excited that I will get to see the likes of Shashi Tharoor, William Dalrymple, Anthony Horoatiz and Joe Hill (yes the Locke and Key fame and the son of STEPHEN KING).
I will keep updating you guys as and when I know more about the events. If you are from this side of the globe and planning to attend any of the sessions, do let me know.
1) It is a common complaint in the book blogging community that reviews do not invoke as much engagement as the discussion post. Kristen puts in her perspective on the subject in her post.
2) Evelina published another awesome post in her newblogger series on blogging calendar and schedules. I am sure I will be taking some of her pointers and I think you should check it out too.
3) Have you ever tried having bookish conversation with a chat bot? Bookstormgirl tried it for us and the result is freakishly hilarious. She even shared the result with us.
4) I found about the demise of John Mahoney, who played Martin Crane of FRASIER through Shailaja’s post on how an actor’s death can affect a person.
5) Laura from Boats against the current post an interesting article on how to follow other blogs. Do you love discovering and following new blogs as much as I do then you should sign up for Bloggers’ Comment Junction here.
6) Can you tell me what is your favorite book? I am sure you need a minute or 60 to choose one. Chloe from Book Dragons attempts to reason out our behavior in her post.
7) Do extra blank pages in a book drive you crazy? I used to wonder why would they even want to waste papers like that. Until I found this page from Mental Floss.
8) Austine from Novel Knight came out with this fantabulous resource with The Book Community Media Dashboard. Go ahead add yours and find other lovely bloggers from the list.
9) I stumbled upon this gem from Halsey about sexual abuse that moved me to tears.
10) There is a stereotype about book worms that are introverts. Is that true? I am not sure. I am stuck somewhere between being an introvert and not. I read this article from Thought Catalog that I was about to relate to so much. You might enjoy it as well.
In case you missed any of me post this week, here is a quick recap just for you.
Review shots is gonna be monthly feature where I will be writing bite sized reviews of 3-4 books. Here is the second edition where I reviewed Herding Cats, Everyday Watercolor and Find Your Awesome: A 30-Day Challenge to Fall in Love with Your Playful, Imaginative & Colorful Self.
With the Valentines Day not so far away, isn’t time for you to place your orders for your romance reads at your library or the bookstore? Take a look at our blog hop for some hot recommendations.
If you all didn’t know where are travelling this month on your Flyaway Friday, hear me say again. It is Finland!
Before we take a trip to the land of Thousand lakes, here is a quick primer about the country to read while you pack your bags.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Have you attended any literature fests? Let me know what to expect. Do you have any interesting links for me to share? Then drop it in a comment or DM me through any of my social accounts. Let’s talk.