What can make a bookworm happier than a book sale? A bigger book sale!
The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is here at Dubai! Dubai being Dubai, it definitely has to be the world’s largest book sale. Obviously! We don’t do anything normally.
There are 3 million books for sale and it is open 24 hours a day for 11 days. To quote an organiser, “if all of the books on sale in Dubai during the coming 11 days were stacked on top of each other (taking the average book thickness), it would reach a height 48 times taller than the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building”.
Anyway today is the last of the book sale, and I still haven’t had time to go there. But I have some fabulous friends who shared pictures from their visit and I got some from the internet, just to show how massive it actually is.
I might still visit for a quick haul later today, fingers crossed.
What I read this week:
I finished the books from yester-weeks, I have no idea why I left them half way to jump on to other books. Anyway I am done now with the following:
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard.
- I will be reading Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin right after this post.
I am fully focusing on completing my goals towards A-Z reading challenge 2018. Looks like I might reach it, surprisingly.
What I watched this week:
I spent quite a lot of time on Netflix this week, totally unsurprising I know.
- I gave in and watched ‘The Haunting of a Hill house’ before reading the book, quite unlike me. I am over the guilt because I FREAKING LOVED IT and I am thankful that it didn’t have those jump scares.
- I watched The good place – season 1 and I didn’t see the ending coming at all. I liked it!
- I completed watching Jane the Virgin Season 4 and I was not expecting that season finale cliffhanger. I knew there was a cliffhanger coming on, but just not THAT!!!!
On the blog
If you had missed any of the posts on my blog this week, here is a quick recap.
My week started out with Sunday Musings#21: One with ‘the fall is here’ shout out .
I reviewed one of my favorite books I read in 2018 on Monday Cobalt blue by Sachin Kundalkar.
We had a discussion post five elements that we look out for in an author’s website on Wednesday.
To change up the gear I read a few children books and listed them here on A raccoon, a chicken house, and trotters of Tweeville – Reading Children’s books.
Around the blogosphere
I found some awesome posts by awesome-r bloggers this week and here they are:
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious posted this excellent post on what and how to use social media for blog growth. She even has spreadsheet to help us out.
- I loved Ruby from Ruby’s books her hilarious post on Strange things that she thinks while reading.
- I know everyone loves a bookish quiz, and Spohia from Bookwyrming Thoughts has the season’s best quiz on what snoopy creature are you? (Well, I am a poltergeist. Be scared!)
- Did you read this fun post from Marie of Drizzle and Hurricane books about 10 step cliches of being a book blogger. (Sadly, I don’t do most of them).
- Take a look at the Orangutan Librarian’s discussion post on unreliable narrators which I loved.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us talk
How was your week? Do you love such mass book sales? Did you watch any of these Netflix series? Share with me your favorite post of the week and I will take look right away. Let us chat!