Imagine Winterfell from Game of Thrones, where everyone is wearing fur coats, there is snow everywhere and then they keep saying the winter was coming as if it is not at all cold then. Well that is what we are doing in Dubai, except with summer.
It is so hot at 100 F even in the mornings and the poor humidity is taking a toll as well. But here we are in the spring season still and the real summer is not even here. YET.
So we decided to remind ourselves that it is still spring and took a trip to the beach. It is a good thing that we have so many beaches around Dubai.Let us bitch about the Dubai summer, or should we still pretend it is spring and talk about the other things that happened in my #SundayPost #weeklywrapup. Click To Tweet
What I read this week
After a few weeks of over achieving in terms of reading, I am back to the old pace of one book a week. I know I could have read more but deciding which book to read is a nightmare when you are mood reader.
I read A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi, my first by the author, and I enjoyed it so much. I will probably post up a review soon enough. Well, that goes another letter on my A-Z reading Challenge 2019. How are you faring on it?
What I watched this week
Surprisingly I didn’t watch much on Netflix this week. And it was not even a deliberate attempt.
I tried watching White Gold season 2 and got bored of it soon enough.
I watched Coraline this week and rewatched How to train a Dragon last night. Loved them both totally.
On my blog
The week on my blog was pretty much business as usual, and here is a quick recap of everything that happened.
Sunday Musings #48: Talking About The Last Minute Panic.
A quick review of The Big Four by Agatha Christie.
I loved writing this discussion post on Why Book Blogging Is Different From Other Niches.
Under our Flyaway Friday segment I listed my favorite Books Set In Japan.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
It has been a while since I hopped on to ‘Everyone I know’s blogs, but I did catch up on a few of them this week. So maybe I will do better next week?!? Maybe.
So here my favorite posts from last week.
- Almost all of these books on Nut free nerd’s list on books that influenced her as a college senior went on my TBR. Let me know how many of them interest you!
- Recently I went on a quest for a friend, to find out books with adult superheroes that were not a series and ended up at The Writerly Way’s post. Do you have any suggestions?
- Another hilarious but useful post by The Orangutan Librarian on How not to write a book review for dummies. It is never too late to learn.
- I NEEDED this. As someone totally new to the graphic novels and comic world, Dani’s post on Perspective of a Writer about differentiating between Comics, graphic novels and other graphic versions is a godsend. Check this out.
- Do you ever get stuck with English grammar? Deb at Debjani’s Thoughts explains it like you are five for you! Check this useful guide on simple grammar tips.
- I have been on a not so active attempt to read more translated works these days. I could not have read this Book Riot article on how a literary collective is focusing on translating 100 Indian Classics to English. Check this out.
- What felt like a useless piece of advice until you actually tried it on Reddit contains too many gems to not share with you. Be nice and share it with someone else, now.
From the Insta-world
Here are a couple of posts from my Instagram world. Are you following me yet?
How is the weather down wherever you are currently at? Beaches or Parks? What are you currently watching on Netflix? Let us talk.