This week went by swiftly right? At least it did for me. And are you ready for some rant? Ready or not, it’s comin’.
Do anyone of you get nightmares?
I love dreams, which are quite rare for me, as I sleep really sound and most nights I don’t stir until the morning. Then there are nights with these terrors. And you know what is the worst part? I wake up in between them, drink water, distract myself with my mobile phone or just taking a walk to the loo and then when I get back to sleep, those stupid nightmares continue – as if they have been on a pause. What is wrong with me, I say?
And to think that I bring these upon myself! Everything I dream of comes from a book or movie/series that I watch. I read a Stephen King, oh there will be at least two nights of terrors in a week or so. Oh I watched Sabrina this week and the nightmares followed. But would I give the horror shows or books up? Not doing it!
I watch a romantic movie or read a happily ever after book, do they ever turn up in my dream? No sir, they do not. I need to know why this difference. I might even consider accepting my fate if I was dealt with a fair set of cards and I had both nice and bad dreams. But no, I didn’t. So I am gonna stay grumpy about it.
And you guessed right, I didn’t sleep well last night and I am so tired!
What I watched:
So after a long and sad stretch of days without the TV and Netflix I am getting to it back with vengeance. And as you all know already, I watched The Chilling adventure of Sabrina and I loved it enough to give up a night’s sleep.
I loved Kiernan Shipka in Mad Men. I think she is beautiful and has done a fabulous job as the Sabrina. Oh I can’t wait for April for the season two and bunch of other reasons, AKA my birthday.
What I read:
Remember those classic challenges I picked up earlier this year? I am doing so great about it. Scratch that. I am doing alright about it. And I read Lord Fauntleroy, something I have never read before, for the children’s classic challenge.
It was sweet and poignant and sunshine-y all at the same time, somehow.
On my blog
In case you had missed any of my posts this week, here is a quick recap.
Sunday Musings #35: The One about an unproductive and boring week
I reviewed the Picture of Dorian Gray on Monday
Nicole Fields contributed to the week’s Indie Guest Post: Book Blog Tours – What Are Your Options?
On Friday we had a fun quiz on Find Out The Book Title By Rearranging The Letters, if you love anagrams.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
- I wanna share these great internet finds of the week here:I totally agree with Dani’s argument on how 3 star reviews are the most difficult. Do you?
- Compare notes with Nandini’s tips on improving your book reviews and make sure you are up to the game.
- Do you ever feel like you are so out of the loop when it comes to ARCs and release date, like I often do? Kirsten’s post on finding about book releases might save us!
- Are you a book snob? GailPril talks in defense of trashy romance. And I agree!
- Continuing the theme, Malka talks why she doesn’t read popular books and why it is okay for her.
- If you are just starting out on Bookstagram, like me, Fadwa’s post might be a great pick.
- And to end the list with a bit of positivism, check out Marie’s post on staying positive as a books blogger.
Let us chat
How often do you get nightmares and are the books and shows causing you them? If not, how and save me! Also what are you currently reading. Let us talk.