Hello to everyone who is enjoying their summer while I am not. Yes spring is long gone and it is an early summer around here at Dubai. And before you ask, yes I am gonna keep complaining about the heat till it is autumn and the temperature falls – bear with it!Among other things that happened last week, I traveled to Musandam, Oman which is about three hours drive from Dubai. Read more about the week that passed by in my #Sundaypost #weeklywrapup Click To Tweet
Anyway we went on a short vacation last during the week long holidays for Eid celebrations. We traveled to Musandam which is part of Oman but still physically surrounded by the UAE and just about three hours drive from Dubai.
While the current temperature at Musandam was almost similar to Dubai, I loved relaxing pool side and having room service delivering the food. We also took a dhow (boat) ride for snorkeling in the middle of the sea and watched the dolphins play around in their natural habitat.
Of course I clicked so many photos that my iPhone started giving out the memory warnings. I have been sharing them on my Instagram, which you should be following already.
What I read this week
After a great reading month, I hope I don’t crash with a reading slump in June. But a buddy reading kept me going.
I read two books this week and I liked them both.
- We are Okay by Nina LaCour – buddy read with Olivia from Olivia’s catastrophe.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
What I watched this week
I didn’t watch much TV this week, due to the holidays and the trip.
I have started watching a Spanish mystery thriller Alta Mar or High seas, which seems like a Christie thriller, on Netflix. Needless to say, I am enjoying it.
On my blog
I am gonna blame it on the holidays and the holidays induced coma that I had not posted as much on my blog. Here is a quick look at what is happening on my blog
Sunday Musings #50: One With The May’19 Updates
I did a mini review on three classics under Little Boys In Classics
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Here are some posts I loved during the week.
- Twitter is great for bookworms, but it also doesn’t lack some drama. Read about the latest drama about YA authors defending shipping problematic relationships on Your Tita Kate’s post.
- I loved Britt’s post on Is blogging really dead? on Alternatively Speaking discussing how blogging has changed over the years.
- I found this hilarious guide on finding the perfect book on Starry Sky Books and I am sure you will love it as well.
From the Insta-world
How is your weekend coming along? Have you made your summer plans? Have you read any of this books? Let us talk.