The holy month of Ramadan is coming to an end and that means we have a week long holiday starting today. Initially I had planned to take a trip back home to India during the holidays, but then I almost had a heart attack just seeing the sky rocketed ticket prices. So now I will have to find things to do at home and about.
Not that it is very difficult but the fast approaching summer calls in for a quick holiday as a last hurrah (or not). So we are taking another beach staycation for three days. I will share more details in my next post.
Since this was a sudden plan I am yet to pack and there are a lot of things on my to do list for the day because we are leaving tomorrow at the dawn. So let’s get on with it, okay?Between the TV marathons and reading eight good books, with occasional beach trips I think my May'19 was more spectacular than I anticipated. #May'19updates #monthlywrapup #SundayPost Click To Tweet
Quick May’19 updates
- May’19 proved to be a great month in terms of my reading habits and I read about eight books which is like the best in since ages. And unsurprisingly, I read so many good ones at that.
- Since we kinda expected the temperature to rise up sooner than it supposed to, we hit the beach more than what we do usually.
- I think watching the entire Game of Thrones in less than three weeks should count for something right? So ya, I did that!
Between the TV marathon and reading good books, with occasional beach trips I think my May’19 was more spectacular than I would have imagined.
What I read this month:
Since I already screamed out enough about my reading month, shall I get to the books I read directly shall we?
- Giver, The Giver, The by Lois Lowry
- Love Looks Pretty on You by Lang Leav
- Kiss Quotient, The by Helen Hoang
- Book Love by Debbie Tung
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Big Four, The by Agatha Christie
- Very Large Expanse of Sea, A by Tahereh Mafi
- Hating Game, The by Sally Thorne
What I watched this month:
Here is a list of movies and TV series I watched in May’19
- Game of Thrones – yes!
- What is wrong with Secretary Kim? – Kdrama
- Lucifer – Season 4 (frankly I am just glad it is done now)
On my blog
While we are here let us take a look at what happened on my blog last week, alright?
We started off with Sunday Musings #49: The Summer Is Coming – Just Dubai Things
On Monday I reviewed A Very Large Expanse Of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
We discussed Why Are Guest Posts Important To Indie Authors? on Wednesday.
I had Deeksha answering our questions to help us Getting To Know The Japanese Better on the Flyaway Friday
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
I had a blast catching up with a lot of blogs (finally) last week and here are some of my favorites
- Nicole captured the confusions with the little checkboxes on blogs that we leave omments on and started an interesting discussion. Why do we have so many anyway? It doesn’t make commenting any easier.
- I am gonna totally catch up on the books from Women’s Prize 2019 longlist, many are already on my TBR, and Pace Amore Libri’s post made it so much easier. How many are on your TBR?
- Are we losing the original themes as we retell stories? Brianna kicked of an interesting discussion on her blog Pages Unbound.
From the Insta-world
Let us chat
How many of these books have you read? How was your May’19 and what are your plans for the new month? Has the summer reached you and if not, when does that happen?