Every day into this month is scarier than the previous. The number of people infected by CoVID19 virus in most countries is still rising and it is going to get worse, according to the forecasts.
And the worst part is we are forgetting when we discuss the statistics that we are talking about people. They are more than numbers. And once we think that, it is more disturbing and scary.
I just can’t wait for the CoVID19 pandemic to get done with!
On the brighter side, the governments are doing the best they can, both the Indian and the UAE, from what I see and hear. It is gonna be better, right?
What I read this week
I am still reading the Girl, Woman by Bernardine Evaristo.
But in the meantime, I finished reading 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak. This is the second book I read of hers, being
the Forty rules of love by Elif Shafak.
And I wasn’t a big fan of it. But I gave in to reading this as I wanted to give her a second chance.
And my verdict? I liked it and you will have to wait for my review for more.
What I watched this week
Would you believe that I had never watched Shutter Island earlier? Well, the staying in due to the CoVID19 has given me the perfect chance to rectify that and I loved it.
Other things I watched during the week are
On my block S2 – Loved it Guilt – S1 – I can see why there was no Season 2 Sherlock S4 – LOVED rewatching it Jane the virgin – S5 – just started watching it.
What are you all watching these days?
On my blog
In case you had missed my posts during the last week, here is a recap.
Staying in due to CoVID19 is hard? Here are 30+
Things To Do Without Leaving Your House
My review of
Bookish Life Of Nina Hill, The
Social Distancing And The New Lifestyle!: Sunday Musings #67
I will be linking today’s post with
Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme. From the Insta-world
Do not forget to catch my Instagram posts if you are not following me
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/B-P9xagJLia hidecaption=true width=320]
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/B-K0pXGHJrS hidecaption=true width=320]
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/B-FrEyLlJ_u hidecaption=true width=320]
Let us chat
What has your week like? Are you reading any good books? How are you distracting yourself during the pandemic and quarantine? Let us talk.
With almost 25% of the countries in the world have imposed a lock down due to the Corona virus pandemic, staying in seems the only way to go. And that might be a bit too convenient for us bookworms, right? If you were one of those introverts, you would have preferred to stay in with a cuppa.
For others staying in might be hard and can quickly become too much. But when there is literally no other safe way to get away from it, why not make the best use of the downtime?
Things to do without leaving the house
So, let us talk about the things to do inside the house during the lock down time aka “don’t leave your house if you value it” time, shall we?
Let’s have some fun, first!
1. Bring out those DIY supplies that you have been hoarding all these years now. Knit, draw, color. Whatever is your do, take time to do them.
2. Watch the
meerkat cam or catch other animals on live camera on Youtube.
3. Try one of the virtual museum tours if you are into culture and art. Museums of
Amsterdam, London, South Koreaand even the Vaticanat your fingertips.
4. Learn a new language or more realistically, learn to say hello in different languages.
Duolingo might interest you!
5. Can you name all the countries in the world. Learn with the
World Geography games site.
6. Now you got all the time, and there is no excuse to not do those at home workouts. Keep fit!
a puzzle a day. Suduko or crossword anyone?
8. Do it like the Japanese. Drink or have dinner with your buddies over video call.
9. Bring out those board games and play with your family or friends, whoever is around.
Clean up around the house
1. Do a fashion show and try every one of your dress. Discard or donate anything that do not fit or “spark joy”, Marie Kondo style.
2. Clean up your media folder on your phone and PC. Delete those duplicates and let your phone breathe a bit.
3. Are you one of those oldies that still has music stored on your PC or even CDs? Welcome to 2020, clean that up! I bet
Media Monkey is still going strong.
4. Match all your Tupperware lids to the containers. In addition, the desi version of this is pick all the polythene covers lying around the house and collect them in a huge one.
5. Make a budget and check your finance. We need to ride out this tough times!
6. Get your taxes done early this year! Even though the governments would probably move the deadlines to pay the taxes.
7. Also ,why not catch up on the 8 hours sleep or how much ever you want to finally?
8. Throw out your old and expired make up stuff and clean the vanity table.
Bookish things to do
1. Start by making a list of the books that you wanna read during the Corona virus shut down.
2. Write reviews on Goodreads for the books that you loved. Authors need you!
3. Clean up your
Goodreads virtual shelves. Remove the ones that you no longer wish to read and remove duplicates.
4. And update your wishlist. Soon this will be over and you will be treating yourself with book hauls.
5. Pick up a classic that you have been dreading to start. Read 20 or 100 pages, as you choose, everyday and finish the mighty book. War and peace, anyone?
6. It is a good time to do those Bookstagram shoots that you have been postponing for a while.
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/B8HZQf0gLGe hidecaption=true width=320]
7. Do a virtual
book club meeting. Maybe with some chai. Or wine!
8. Join readathons and read with others to keep your mind distracted from everything else.
9. Finally, dust your book shelf, and those on your night stand, the coffee table, and pretty much everywhere else.
Tidy up your blog
1. Ensure your posts are all on brand. Do they follow the same color scheme and format?
2. Begin by cleaning up your tags and categories on your blog.
3. Next, add Alt text tag information to all the images in your posts.
4. Add a Pinterest sized image to all your posts, or at least the most visited ones.
5. In addition, once you have done adding one Pinterest image to the important posts, add one more Pinterest sized image to them and maybe
hide them inside your post. Thank me when the traffic improves!
6. Respond to all the comments on your blog. If you are on WordPress self hosted, this plugin will help you
filters out all the comments that are missing replies. Thanks to Avalinah for the recommendation.
7. Clean up your blogging feed and follow only those who matter and interest you.
8. Create a course/ebook or anything to build that damn email list.
9. Join that e-course that always wanted to but didn’t “Because TIME”.
So how are you doing during these trying times? How have you been distracting yourself? What are the things that are on your to do list? Let us talk.