Instagram stories business are a great way to communicate to your customers and share with them glimpse of your world. But coming up with those Instagram story ideas for your business is harder than you thought, right?
Do not worry, here I am with more than 50 Instagram story ideas for your business, and now you can keep your customers hooked and even convert them into warm leads easily.
Why Instagram stories are important than ever?
I know everyone is talking about Instagram stories, reels and live again and again. But have you ever given a thought on why are they so critical?
Keeps your account active
Instagram stories puts your account on top and there is more chance that your followers see your stories than you feed.
As the stories are arranged chronologically, the more often you post, the higher the chances of your story to be viewed by others.
Helps competing with bigger brands
While the Instagram stories are shown chronologically, the feed is not. And unless you have a very strong following, your post on your feed can get lost.
And as a creative entrepreneur and a small business, it can be harder for you to compete with the big brands.
They are more natural and authentic
We all know the amount of effort and planning that goes into creating your Instagram feed to look the way it is. And your audience will love you for that.
But Instagram stories are little more spontaneous and thus, real. Given that they last for just 24 hours, you can afford to be little “on the go” and be creative about your posts.
Better engagement with your followers
Instagram stories are often the gateway to beginning conversations with your followers and warm leads.
By asking them to answer a poll or your questions, they are giving you a space to speak to them via DM (Direct Messages). Utilize this power responsibly to cultivate relationships with them.
Instagram story ideas for business
Now that you know how critical Instagram stories are for your business, let me show you some story ideas that you can adapt as your own.
- Show your wins, even if they are small.
- Show what you are working on for the day
- Show your working process – Behind the screen
- Show your workspace
- Show off your packaging style
- Get your customers to post the unboxing of your products
- Capture the before and after of your work in progress
- Share educational guides and tutorials relevant to your prodcuts
- Share the screenshots of testimonials and reviews received
- Help your customers know your products better
- Teach your customers how to use your products
- Share DIY tips related to your products
- Answer relevant FAQs
- Offer a behind-the-scenes look at your unpacked products
- Teasers for your new product/service launch
- Count down for a new product launch
- Collaborate with related accounts for a takeover
- Share your failures and lessons learned
- Share productivity tips
- Talk about role models whom your audience could relate to
- Run a trivia contest
- Ask questions about your products and offer a discount to the winner
- Play games with your followers
- Run quizzes with AR effects
- Create This or that templates and ask them to tag you with answers
- Share seasonal updates, if relevant to your products
- Reward your loyal customers with “followers only” deals
- Run a customer spotlight
- Share experience of a customer (only with their consent)
- Ask your followers what they want to see on your story
- Run an “ask me anything” question
- Share user generated content
- Show us your morning routine
- Show us how you plan your day
- Introduce your team
- Ask your employee’s to takeover your story for a day
- Take a tour of your office
- Create your own hashtag and challenges
- Create a regular series on Instagram stories (#sundayfunday #Mondayplans #tuesdaytips etc)
- Preview an upcoming post or video
- Share your latest post from your feed
- Share your posts from your other platforms (blog, Tiktok, Twitter etc)
- Share latest posts from accounts you love
- Recommend a service or a product you loved
- Post about your giveaway/contest
- Share Shout-outs or press features
- Share your favorite quote
- Repurpose and update your old content from your feed post into a new story
- Go live on Instagram live and share about your day
- Share your daily update with a location
- Show off skills (cooking, art etc)
- Follow a meme/trend
- Share inspirational content
- Share what inspires you to create
- Share valuable and relevant DMs
- Share your top 5 lists of ….
- Share your favorite tool or tip that you recently learnt
- Show your night time routine.
Do’s and don’ts for Instagram stories for business
But before I conclude, I just want to share a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to Instagram stories for your business.
- Don’t Just Promote Things
Use your story feature to create relationships, rather just using them to promote your product.
- Show Your Personality
Make your stories fun and creative. Pepper in a bit of your personality, rather than copying others idea.
- Use hashtags
Did you know that you can use hashtags on your stories as well?
- Make use of highlights
Don’t forget to add important and relevant stories to your highlights as well. A highlight can act as a menu for your Instagram.
- Don’t post too often
Last but not the least, avoid posting many stories at a time. Your followers might get bored/annoyed and ignore your posts.
There you have it, an extensive list of story ideas that would keep your Instagram account active and kicking. So what are you waiting for? Start posting on your Instagram stories right today. Feel free to tag me elgeewrites, for an extra bump for your business.
Similar posts you might like
- Perfect book quotes for Instagram captions
- Bookish Questions For Your Social Media Captions
- 120+ Hashtags for bookstagram to boost your reach right now
- Social media for authors – Tips to build your online presence
- Balancing Social Media And Blogging: How To Stay Sane?
Do you ever get stuck for want of Instagram story ideas for business? How often do you post on Instagram stories? Let us talk.