As I promised earlier there are going to be a lot of changes in my blog this year. Among the first of these changes, I will be posting thrice a week and do a weekly round up post, instead of my weekly twice schedule. I know I know, I might be biting more than I can chew, but hey you can’t blame me for trying, can you?
So this is what I propose. I will bring to you news from around the bookish world and some from the dark side, erm.. non bookish world, as well under the section that we will call as Spotlight Sunday. If you think your post deserve a spot on my article, feel free to tweet the link to me.
1) Well, it may not come as a surprise that I love Andrea Gibson and their poetry. I read this post on their Facebook page and couldn’t stop reading it again and again. I still think it was the best way to bid adieu to the past year.
2) Who said all the parties and games should end with the New Year’s Eve. Check out Britt’s Photo Scavenger hunt which runs until March 31 and there is even a prize of 50$. All you have to do is click photos fulfilling the given conditions.
3) Speaking of the new year, I know all of you have enough of plans and resolutions done. If you are like me, following through with them would be the toughest. ‘It doesn’t have to be’ says the compulsive list maker Shantala. Read her review on The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande, which she swears will; ‘not only improve efficiency, but also have the ability to save time, money, and even lives’.
4) I have promised to start reading non -fiction books again and I found this amazing list of books on time
management from Bookriot. I am definitely hitting the list again
Did I ever tell you my blogger community has the best people in the world.. EVER?
5) First we have Evelina who started the #NewBloggers 101 series to help out new bloggers who have just forayed into the book blogging world. This week she writes about the right time to start requesting ARCs from publishers and more.
6) Do you feel the blogging schedule too hard to keep up? Thinking of trying out co-blogging. REad Bookidote’s guide on the perks of co-blogging before you take a decision.
7) So once in a while I get all happy that I get to work from home and get to not rush through the traffic to reach the workstation. My mom still doesn’t understand what I do all day staring at the laptop. Well here is how I do what I do, mom. Don’t judge me.
8) Can you check how well do you remember the first lines of your favorite books? Well, I don’t. I got 6 on 20 and I suck, I know. What about you? Try it here.
9) If you are into book blogging, or not, Modern Mrs Darcy may not be a new name to you. I have been following
her for a long time now. Read how you can support your favorite authors.
This one made me laugh. And think. Somehow this happens to me repeatedly. I am like, why would even bother explaining.
a) Wanna start the year with a classic? Check out The Chess by Stephen Zweig
b) How did I fail my 2018 resolution already? I know, I have a talent.
c) Read about my favorite sidekicks and give them a shout out. They are cool too.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
That is all from my part for the week, folks.
Did you read anything interesting this week? Let me know through the comments.