In today’s exciting news, parts of Asia and Africa currently are witnessing solar eclipse. It is the first solar eclipse of 2020. Some parts of the countries like Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Oman will be able to spot an annular eclipse aka ring of fire, and other parts will have partial eclipse.What are you doing for Father's day? Are you witnessing the solar eclipse 2020? Do you have some rituals related to solar eclipse? Let us talk. Click To Tweet
We, Indians, have so many beliefs and traditions for everything and eclipses are no different. While some of them are just humbug, some of those “rules” do make sense even today.
Indian traditions for solar eclipse
Some of the things that we follow during solar eclipse are:
- We are not allowed to go out.
- We are not allowed to eat or drink. In fact, we stop our intake at least 2 hours before the eclipse begins.
- We are also supposed to take a bath after the eclipse ends and wash all the clothes and things we touched during the period.
- We also pray and meditate during the period.
As I said some of them make sense, some don’t. But we do what we do. Anyway, happy solar eclipse 2020 I guess? LOL.
On the other news, happy father’s day everyone! How are you celebrating it?
What I read this week
I am loving reading Daisy Jones and the Six. Everyone recommended me to get the audiobook, but I didn’t.
Now I keep worrying if that would mess the experience. Well, it didn’t. Anyway tell me what I am missing by not getting the audiobook.
What I watched this week
This week am trying a new thing: reducing binge watching. I watched lesser than an hour each day this week and it worked perfectly.
This week I have been watching few episodes of Community season 3.
I hope I can keep up with this new routine for a bit.
On my blog
In case you had missed any of the posts on Elgee Writes, here is a recap
How To Be More Productive In Life: Tips To Getting Things Done
Review of The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
How Are You Holding Up?: Sunday Musings #79
Around the blogosphere
Here are some of the posts I enjoyed during the week and I wanted to share.
- Vidya from Lady In Read suggested books to Inform and Enable Conversations about Race among kids. It has some seriously good suggestions.
- Do you take part in blog tours and are they effective? Parsecs And Parchment explains why it doesn’t for her.
- Marie’s post about whether book blogger’s hard work is being valued resonated with me so much recently.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us chat
What are you doing for Father’s day? Are you witnessing the solar eclipse 2020? Do you have some rituals related to solar eclipse? Let us talk.