I love April and I am not sure if it had something to do with being my birthday month or the summer holidays we used to have when we were younger. Either way, I look forward to April right from January.
And this year I had huge plans for my birthday (this Friday April 12th) and the month as well but they feel through, thanks to the weird place am at with most of my relationships and friendships. Still, I am okay now and you guys (yes, you my online friends) have played a large part in that. Otherwise I would be too depressed to get out off bed.
But now I have posts to be written, books to be reviewed and DMs to be replied to. I guess keeping busy gets me through. For now. So let us get on with a quick recap on what happened in my life last month on the March’19 wrap up, shall we?
Quick March’19 updates
- March 2019 started with a bang with Emirates Literature Festival where I got to volunteer for two weekends. I met so many cool authors like Sandhya Menon, Pierce Brown, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black et al, and got books signed up from them.
- I met so many like minded readers in the form of other volunteers and attendees. And just seeing younger bookworms with their books just makes me feel all warm and gooey.
- I found and joined a local book club called Bookworms of UAE, which is surprisingly active!
- Oh before I forget we took a short holiday at the beach at Marjan Islands and somehow got a bit of the sun during the weird weather period.
- Speaking of the weather, Dubai, the desert city, had two full days of rain out of nowhere just as we returned from the beach. And to put all your questions to rest, we are back to the warm spring weather this week.
What I read this month:
I read five books last month, bringing a total of 15 books for the year as of now. And I suppose I should be thanking all the book club choices because let us face it, otherwise I would not be reading as fast at all.
So here are the ones I read this month on the March’19 wrap up , and remind me to update the A-Z 2019 page soon!
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Secret of Chimneys, The by Agatha Christie
- Turn of the Screw, The by Henry James
- Woman in the Window, The by Finn A.J.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
My monthly top picks
My monthly top picks from the movie world Why not make a list based on the entertainment value now that I have spent hours watching these series and movie right? So here they are on the March’19 wrap up!
- The Umbrella Academy
- Green book
- Queer eye Season 3
- The Punisher Season 3 (now why would they cancel it!)
- Captain Marvel
- A star is born ( left me a sobbing mess)
Sorry couldn’t stop with five!
On my blog
Here is a quick recap in case you missed my blog post last week.
Sunday Musings #42: One About A Short Holiday And The Spring
Review shots: Christie’s murder mysteries
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Let us talk about posts I loved from the blogging community last week now.
- Being a multilingual myself, I resonated so much with Cat from Pages and Plots on her post on why she doesn’t read much in her own native language. Who else is with me on this one?
- Dani’s post on Instagramming without being discouraged is a lifesaver, especially if you do not have a huge following yet, like me. Take a looksie!
- Speaking about social media pressures, Sam from WLABB posted an awesome discussion post how she battles the social media game, which I seemingly have lost already.
- If you know Shruti then you have been warned enough. Read this hilarious post on the things that JK Rowling said about the Potterverse on her blog.
- Ellyn posted this funny listicle of the problems that only bookworms face all the time. I couldn’t help sharing it.
- Another awesome discussion post by Marie and this time it is on how we interact with the book blogging community.
- The Orangutan Librarian posted this how to (not) read review guide and I wish every author read it, just to save the world from all the drama and personal attacks.
Let us chat
How many books did you read last month? Did you watch any of these series and movies mentioned? What are your favorite posts of the week? Let us talk.