While I have productive on the blog front and otherwise, mentally it has not been a great week.
I had a tough week processing and adapting to a few new changes in my life and I had not realized how easily we take a few things and people for granted without even knowing. Well, one thing led to another and soon I went on a spiral which obviously didn’t end so well.
Well, I am okay now, just a bit tired.
But on the bright side, I have taken up to running again. All the stress have made the unbelievable happen, I am being not lazy. At least this week I was not.
Hope the pleasant weather in Dubai and the pretty sights on my trail would keep me motivated. Fingers crossed.
What I watched:
Did anyone else watch the Netflix series Bodyguard on Netflix? I liked how it kept me hooked until the end and of course, their accent.
I am hoping to watch Glass on the theaters this week, so I did my homework and watched the Unbreakable and rewatched the Split last week. Oh I also watched Incredibles 1 and 2 as well.
I watched too many movies for my own good right? Well it reflects on my reading.
What I read:
I am finally ticking off some of those bad boys from my TBR.
I added Eliza and her monsters about two years ago, when people were raving about its ARCs and I finally picked it as I needed to read something contemporary after the back to back classics I have been reading.
And I should say it was worth the wait. Don’t forget to look out for its review soon.
I am currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen and Fahrenheit 451. Yes biggies, but I hope to manage.
On my blog:
A quick recap of what happened on my blog last week, in case you were out of the loop.
Sunday Musings #36: The One About My Nightmares And Sleepless Nights
Monday: Book Review: One Part Woman by Perumal Murugan
Wednesday: Discussion on Commenting Etiquette: Commenting On Other Blogs
I am planning to do a Flyaway Friday feature on Netherlands soon and I am looking for guest blogger. If you are Dutch or you know anyone who would be willing to do one can you contact me. Help a fellow blogger out, please!
Around the blogosphere:
Here is a quick run down of the blog posts that I enjoyed last week.
- I found this interesting post by Andrew Blackman on if we work better when we have a shorter deadline. Well I do. What about you guys?
- Another great post by Jackie from Death by Tsundoku on how Young Adult is a genre, not a category.
- What is your favorite bookish Swag? I loved Nicole’s discussion post on her swag collection and her generous giveaway.
- Thanks for sharing this hilarious post about the Google translated version of her favorite books last week, Kal (Reader Voracious)
- I don’t add rated stars books on my reviews in the blog. But I know you all will resonate Marija from Inside my library mind’s post on how she rates books on her reviews.
- Krysta from Pages Unbound brought in a very interesting discussion on if religion is a taboo when it comes to YA books.
- Ellyn from Allonsythornraxxbooks shared a very useful guide on how to outline a blog post. It will be useful for both newbies and experienced bloggers alike.
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Let us chat:
How was your week? Did you get any nightmares? Share with us your favorite find on the internet recently. Let us talk.