I have been talking about my favorite and not-so favorite books and book related things here for a while a long time now. But how much I have divulged about me, the face behind the blog? Yes, I can hear it – I have spoken about myself quite a lot.
And here is more. I am doing the Behind the blog tag and here is a chance to know more about me. Let us do this.I am doing the Behind the blog tag and here is a chance to know more about me, the face behind the blog. Let us do this. Ready to know more? Click To Tweet
Thank the person who nominated you.No one did, obviously I don’t have friends.I found it on Ellyn’s blog.
- Answer all the questions down below.
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
My blog’s name in books
1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I started writing about books in this blog about 9 years ago for a selfish reason. I just wanted to catalogue the books that I enjoyed and the ones I did not. The catelogue ended up being my bookish diary where I ranted about books I hate and dreamed about the characters that I loved.
Then I never thought there might be people reading my blog or for that matter I would still be writing here about books after so many years. Having a blog ensured that I didn’t bother my friends and family in real life who rarely read or understood what and why I was obsessed about. But my internet
readers friends did.
I think that is what kept me going, despite the number of blocks and gaps in my blogging calendar I had through these years.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Initially, when the blog was private, I spoke of everything that was on my mind (and was called “Musings Over Nothing”), which was anyway more often than not about books. But I loved writing those
commentary rants about the society and just people as such.
When I moved on to Elgee Writes, I decided to focus on reviews and bookish posts only. And so my
rants discussions have been mostly about books which I love, especially since they are hard to come by. My second favorite would be the weekly update posts that I publish on Sundays and they are aplenty. They are a bit personal and a bit.
Short answer: Discussion posts and Sunday updates.
3. What are your top three favorite blog posts?
I am gonna be a cliche and say everything and that would be a lie. Not all posts are created equally. So here are the top three posts that I loved writing and it seems my readers love it too.
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
When I am overwhelmed or just distracted, making lists always relaxes me. Just putting down everything on a paper or an app helps calm down and carry on.
Also binging on Netlix, definitely.
5. What are three of your favorite things?
Spreadsheets | Beaches | Netflix, I guess
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
I was the proudest when I received my first payment I received for the beta reading services. Until then I had always thought I was blogging for fun and never thought that people would be interested to pay for my opinions about their MS.
Well, that was years ago and I have come a long way from there, but I still pumped up every time someone asks me to write for their site or to read their manuscript. I think I will never get over it.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I have the attention of a six year old. I get excited about a lot of things for a short amount of time.
- I knit, crochet and draw.I love DIY-ing decors around the house.
- I obsess over photography especially bookish ones.
But I don’t think I have focused on anything as much as I do with blogging and books. I genuinely surprised at that myself.
8. Describe your personality in three words.
Empathetic | funny | impatient
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
- I find it annoying when people act without a consideration about other humans. Case in point: recent bulk/panic stockpiling and emptying the entire supermarket shelves in a minute.
- I hate being in the dark about plans. If you are making a plan, tell me when, where and how or at least tell me when I can know the details. I hate it when people leave others hanging.
- Not having plans to go out and my curls behave well, for no reason.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I am terrified of cats. I am all for pets and I know they are adorable to you, but do not ask me to enter a room with a cat in. I probably will get a panic attack.
I am gonna tag
- Sahi @ My World of Books
- Charvi @ Not Just Fiction
- Dany @ Ambivert Words
- Nandini @ Unputdownable Books
- Charlotte from Wonderfully Bookish
- Carrie from Cat on the Bookshelf
- Kristina @ Books And Dachshunds
Have you done this tag? If so do link it to the comments and I will love to read it. If not, please consider yourself tag cuz I wanna know ya!
Of course I am not being creepy.