If I say that April flew fast, it is not an exaggeration. It just seems like it was just yesterday that I was planning for my birthday and it is already one month past the D-day. But April did bring in some fun and yes it is time for the April’19 Wrap up already.
I live in the middle east, if you didn’t already know, and we are getting ready for the holy season of Ramadan, which would be starting tomorrow.
During the month, most people here fast through the day. Most of the shops, stores, and eateries will have a different timing than usual, and some may be open all through the night. Even for outsiders like me this season is a big deal, especially since the normal working hours is reduced to six per day and there are lots of night bazaars and discount sales.
So there is more to look forward this month.
Quick April 19 updates
I celebrated my birthday on a cruise and though the food was nothing to write about, the view was amazing. And the highlight was that it started drizzling when we were out in the sea.
It was equally hilarious and exasperating because it rarely rains here, and when it does it is only to spoil my plans. Anyway, it was fun.
One of the highlights this month would be attending my first book club meet and it was so much fun. Read more about the meet up here.
I am surprisingly still continuing my evening runs, even if it is not daily. The rising temperature is not helping the matters and I kinda have to wait for it to turn dark before I could venture out.
What I read this month:
I did fairly well this month, even when I didn’t read much during the first two weeks of April. Four is not a bad number based on my past track records.
- Bell Jar, The by Sylvia Plath
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
- Murder of Roger Ackroyd, The by Agatha Christie
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
My monthly top picks
Working from home has a huge advantage when it comes to binging on Netflix. I know I sometimes abuse that freedom but hey as long as the work gets done, even if it is just at the nick of the time right?
So here is a list of my top pick of movies and TV series I watched in April’19
- Avengers – Endgame
- Avengers – Infinity war (rewatched before the epic finale)
- Meteor Garden – Chinese drama
- Boys over Flowers – Korean drama
- Cuckoo Season 4
- Lucifer – Season 2 (kinda giving up on it!)
On my blog
Here is a quick look on what I posted this week on my blog
Sunday Musings #45: One About The Book Club Meet And Catching Up On Movies
Monday Review: Ghachar Ghochar
Wednesday Tag: Seven things I like in a book
On Friday I posted this list of Book Covers That Made Me Question My Sanity – Part Two
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
Let us talk about posts I loved from the blogging community last week now.
- I liked the guide on blog tours for internationals that the Bookish Bibliophile had posted last week. Give it a read if you are considering signing up!
- I can’t agree more with Kal’s post on Reader Voracious on doing away with rating systems on her blog. I even wrote a similar post on the topic a long time ago.
- Luana from Bookstorm Girl never fails to make me laugh with her hilarious posts, like the recent on using predictive texts for writing reviews. You should read it.
- Marie from Drizzle and hurricane books posted on Finding your blogging voice. I loved it so much and think you would too.
- I know we all rant on Twitter about the books we love but the book satchel’s post on Normal people topped every thing else I read.
Let us chat
How was your week and the month? What are your currently reading? Let us talk.