I am finally happy to announce that the temperature is receding and I have a hope that the short fall and the eventual winter might be nearer.
On other news, the last week staycation was great and I hadn’t realized how much I needed that. Of course I was (almost “over the top”) cautious and followed all safety precautions. I will attach some pictures for you guys to enjoy!
Now on to the review of the month aka August 2020 wrap up!
Quick August’20 updates
- I had a below the average reading month because I spent most of the time reading manuscripts as a beta reader. I think August and July were the most busy months ever in terms of commissioned for beta reading work.
- Staying in for most of the summer worked but I still managed to get sunburnt more than once. I am probably a tarnish to all the dark skinned Indians who have probably never used the sunscreen in their entire life.
- We finally took our two day vacation at Ras Al Khaimah and spent almost every possible moment on the beach and the pool. Much needed cool off.
What I read this month:
As I mentioned earlier, it has not been a good reading month and am terribly off the Goodreads challenge charts – not to say anything about the A to Z reading challenge as well.
I am still hoping to catch them up in the upcoming months. I just read two books this month and I have already reviewed them both on the blog.
- Henna Artist, The by Alka Joshi
- Virgin River by Robyn Carr
What I watched this month:
I didn’t watch much this month except for Modern Family, which I loved to bits.
What else should I be watching on Netflix?
On my blog
In case you missed the posts from my blog, last week.
Book Reviews from August’20
- Virgin River by Robyn Carr
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
- Sittaford Mystery, The by Agatha Christie
- Me And Earl And The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Sunday personal posts from the month
- Staycation, here I come!: Sunday Musings #90
- One About Ganesh Chaturthi: Sunday Musings #89
- Using The Gym During The Times Of Corona: Sunday Musings #88
- The One Where I Learn About UV Index: Sunday Musings #87
Other posts from the month
- Create a blogging schedule that you’ll actually stick to
- Self Doubts: How To Overcome The Impostor Syndrome
- Choose The Ideal Beta Reader: Qualities To Look For
- 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Stick To A Blog Schedule
- Amazing Benefits Of Waking Up Early: 5 Tips That Work
- Importance Of Blogging Consistently: Do You Need A Blog Schedule?
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
Around the blogosphere
I went on blog hopping spree last week and these are the posts that I loved. I hope you enjoy them as well.
Caitlin talks about her experiences on blog hopping and how she does it all on her blog.
Lauren from Love Yo Shelf wrote a thought provoking piece on being an ally and why it matters.
I recently came across Lauren’s post on using fonts on her blog Northern Plunder.
Fighting against the blogger burn out? Jei shares her tips on the topic on her blog A novel idea.
From the Insta-world
Here is what I posted on Instagram during the month. Give me a follow, will you?
Let us chat
How has your August been? What are you watching and reading these days? Don’t forget to link me to your monthly wrap up post so that I can take a look at them. Let’s talk.