In Dubai, we are in peak summer and the temperature is always above the 105 F (43C) and the humidity is 90%. Yes it is the humidity that is killing us! We even had a few mild dust storms during the week.
On the other news, we are having a 4-day long weekend for Eid Al-Adha. The weekend in the Gulf countries means Friday and Saturday, and currently we are having a break from Thursday to Sunday.How was your July'20? Was it any better than mine? How is the weather in your city? Are you hating the summer yet? Let's talk. Click To Tweet
Usually this is the time we take a staycation but thanks to Covid19 we are not stepping out of the house during this 4 day holiday, cuz people are everywhere!
Quick July’20 updates
So there goes another month in 2020 and we know it is not getting any better. Let us take a quick look.
- I finally stepped out of the house for reasons other than bare necessities. So I went to the beach twice because again, it is so hot and humid and we needed too cool it off a bit.
- I started going to the gym last week after the pandemic break (yes, that is what we are calling it now). Well, there is a lot of wiping, cleaning, sanitizing and little of bit exercising. One can never be too careful right?
- And I tried a thing with watching the television – I reduced my daytime binging to one hour a day for about 3 weeks this month and it was great. I am not sure if it is a sustainable practice though. There are just too many things to watch!
What I read this month
July’20 has not been a great reading month at all for me. I read only one book and I really loved the homecoming by Yaa Gyasi.
While I read three manuscripts that are not yet published as a beta reader, I do not count them for my yearly reading count.
What I watched this month
Here are my top picks from what I watched during the month of July’20
- Line of Duty
- Modern family S1 – rewatched
- Community S5 and S6
- Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- The Alienist
On my blog
In case you missed the posts from my blog of July’20
Book Reviews from July’20
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
Sunday personal posts from the month
- An Update About Pinterest And The Week That Went By: Sunday Musings #85
- Week That Whizzed Past: Sunday Musings #84
- Pinterest And Traffic Statistics: Sunday Musings #83
- June 2020 – An Update: Sunday Musings #82
Other posts from the month
- How To Feel Better About Yourself: 7 Tips To Help You Right Away!
- 35+ Questions To Ask Beta Readers
- 15+ Motivational Quotes About Productivity And Time Management
- Balancing Social Media And Blogging: How To Stay Sane?
- Quiz: Can Find The Famous Authors?
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging
- Paid To Proofread: Indie Guest Post
- Time Audit: Track To Manage Your Time (Free Template)
- What’s A Successful Blog To You?
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
From the Insta-world
Here is what I posted on Instagram during the month. Give me a follow, will you?
Let us chat
How was your July’20? Was it any better than mine? How is the weather in your city? Are you hating the summer yet? Let’s talk.