In Dubai, we are in peak summer and the temperature is always above the 105 F (43C) and the humidity is 90%. Yes it is the humidity that is killing us! We even had a few mild dust storms during the week.
On the other news, we are having a 4-day long weekend for Eid Al-Adha. The weekend in the Gulf countries means Friday and Saturday, and currently we are having a break from Thursday to Sunday.
Usually this is the time we take a staycation but thanks to Covid19 we are not stepping out of the house during this 4 day holiday, cuz people are everywhere!
Quick July’20 updates
So there goes another month in 2020 and we know it is not getting any better. Let us take a quick look.
- I finally stepped out of the house for reasons other than bare necessities. So I went to the beach twice because again, it is so hot and humid and we needed too cool it off a bit.
- I started going to the gym last week after the pandemic break (yes, that is what we are calling it now). Well, there is a lot of wiping, cleaning, sanitizing and little of bit exercising. One can never be too careful right?
- And I tried a thing with watching the television – I reduced my daytime binging to one hour a day for about 3 weeks this month and it was great. I am not sure if it is a sustainable practice though. There are just too many things to watch!
What I read this month
July’20 has not been a great reading month at all for me. I read only one book and I really loved the homecoming by Yaa Gyasi.
While I read three manuscripts that are not yet published as a beta reader, I do not count them for my yearly reading count.
What I watched this month
Here are my top picks from what I watched during the month of July’20
- Line of Duty
- Modern family S1 – rewatched
- Community S5 and S6
- Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- The Alienist
On my blog
In case you missed the posts from my blog of July’20
Book Reviews from July’20
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
Sunday personal posts from the month
- An Update About Pinterest And The Week That Went By: Sunday Musings #85
- Week That Whizzed Past: Sunday Musings #84
- Pinterest And Traffic Statistics: Sunday Musings #83
- June 2020 – An Update: Sunday Musings #82
Other posts from the month
- How To Feel Better About Yourself: 7 Tips To Help You Right Away!
- 35+ Questions To Ask Beta Readers
- 15+ Motivational Quotes About Productivity And Time Management
- Balancing Social Media And Blogging: How To Stay Sane?
- Quiz: Can Find The Famous Authors?
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging
- Paid To Proofread: Indie Guest Post
- Time Audit: Track To Manage Your Time (Free Template)
- What’s A Successful Blog To You?
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
From the Insta-world
Here is what I posted on Instagram during the month. Give me a follow, will you?
Let us chat
How was your July’20? Was it any better than mine? How is the weather in your city? Are you hating the summer yet? Let’s talk.