This week has been hectic for me, even though I am unable to recall what exactly I did. I am sure it consisted of planning for my visit to India this week and tying up things here before we left. But I am sure I have not got them all.I am planning to escape the heat of Dubai by making a visit to India. Read more about this and a monthly update on my June'19. Click To Tweet
And you heard it right. After almost six months I am for my visit to India and I am swamped just thinking about the logistics. There are many places to visit, people to meet and friends to catch up. And of course meeting and spending time with my family is the main goal.
Also, you can consider this as a heads up that I may not be able to post as regularly as I am now, but I am planning to try my best. As I mentioned in my last Sunday post about my blogger burnout and the drop in blog engagement, I am sure this trip to India will help me get over it, especially if I take a break during this time.
Quick June’19 updates
- During the Eid long weekend, I took a little trip to Musandam, Oman to enjoy a relaxing pool side getaway.
- We had another interesting book club and even got into a very passionate argument over non bookish stuff. I love the gang.
- I got to hang out with my friends and work on a secret project that we surprisingly not abandoned.. Yet.
- I found the famed F.R.I.E.N.D.S couch in a cafe here.
- And oh the summer is here and as much as I try not to complain about it, the weather is killing us. Like we say, it is not the heat, it is the humidity! And I am so happy that I can visit India for a while during this season.
What I read this month:
On the whole the month was really good in terms of reading and I caught up six books which is fewer than May but a lot more than my general reading. So here we go with the list.
- We are Okay by Nina LaCour
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- Mystery of the Blue Train, The by Agatha Christie
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott
What I watched this month:
I watched Spider-man on the Cinemas last week and I should say the current cast are the best Spiderman team ever. I stan by this, it is even better than Toby Maguire team.
I am also slowly rewatching How to get away with murder. I am not binging it and I am enjoying it.
But on the whole I think I didn’t spend too much time on watching television or movies this June, which is somehow good, I guess.
- Alta Mar or High Seas
- Murder Mystery
- Jessica Jones Season 3
- Two Worlds – Korean Drama
- Brooklyn nine nine – re-watched S5
On my blog
In case you had missed this week’s post on my blog, here is a quick recap for you.
Sunday Musings #54: Blogger Burnout Ahead
I reviewed my new favorite book Queenie on Monday
I caught up with the My Blog’s Name In Books tag
Have a little bookish quiz finding out if you can Guess The Authors Of These Famous Books!
I will be linking today’s post with Caffeinated reviewer’s Sunday post Meme.
From the Insta-world
Let us chat
How was your June? Have you read any of these books? What are your plans for the month of July? Have you been to India and if so, how was it? Let us talk.